How to Create an Attractive Normal Business Card
A normal business card is one of the smallest and simplest piece of marketing that can be left with a potential customer or client.
There are 3 basic types of contact cards:
In terms of format, a normal business card should:
- Work with the corporate branding effort, using the same colours, fonts, and symbols used in other company marketing material.
- Be readable and scan-able, in terms of font family, colours and size. Font sizes should be 8pts and above and have font colours that contrast sharply with the background on which the text is based. The font family should make the text readable, even in small sizes. San serif, non-condensed, non-italic fonts are better than those that use these features because the text will not "run together" and the text is more accurately scan-able. Also, avoid underlining any text.
- Most normal business cards have 3 logical blocks:
- Logo block containing the company logo. Optionally, the tag line may be included.
- Company contact information. This will often be omitted if the office contact information is the same as the person's contact information.
- Person's contact information block containing your title and contact information
- The block layout is nicely balanced and aligned.
This How-To assume that a normal business card has already been created and will be uploaded to the EntreBahn site for review and validation according to these criteria.