How to Create an Attractive Normal Business Card
A normal business card is one of the simplest piece of marketing that you can leave with potential customers or clients.
There are 3 basic types of contact cards:
In terms of format, a standard business card should:
- Work with the corporate branding effort, using the same colours, fonts, and symbols used in other company marketing material.
- Be readable and scan-able in terms of font family, colours and size. The font family should make the text readable, even in small sizes. Font sizes should be 8pts and above and have font colours that contrast sharply with the background. San serif, non-condensed, non-italic fonts are better than those that use these features because the text will not "run together," and the text is more accurately scanable. Also, avoid underlining any text.
- Most standard business cards have 3 logical blocks:
- Logo block containing the company logo. Optionally, the tagline may be included.
- Company contact information will often be omitted if the office contact information is the same as the person's contact information.
- Person's contact information block containing your title and contact information
- The block layout is nicely balanced and aligned.
This How-To assumes that a standard business card has already been created and will be uploaded to the EntreBahn site for assessment and validation.