Our Confidentiality Agreement covers all the business-related information that becomes available on this site.
EntreBahn defines personal information as information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number. It is information that identifies you as an individual. EntreBahn will never reveal or sell this information without your explicit permission.
The following describes how EntreBahn treats personal information that EntreBahn collects and receives, including information related to your past use of EntreBahn services.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that EntreBahn does not own or control, or to people that EntreBahn does not employ or manage. In addition, some companies that EntreBahn has acquired have their own, pre-existing privacy policies which may be viewed on our acquired companies page.
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
EntreBahn conforms to Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act developed by the Canada in consultation with the European Union. Visit Privacy Commissioner of Canada's web site for more information.
Information Collection and Use
EntreBahn collects personal information when you register with EntreBahn.
When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, postal or ZIP code, occupation, and industry. For some financial products and services we might need to also ask for your address, Social Insurance Number or Social Security Number, age, and information about your assets as per legal requirements. When you register with EntreBahn and sign in to our services, you are no longer anonymous to us.
EntreBahn collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners.
EntreBahn automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, EntreBahn cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
EntreBahn uses information for the following general purposes: to customise the content you see, to fulfil your requests services, to improve our services, to contact you, to conduct research, and to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
EntreBahn does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide the services that you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with EntreBahn under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help EntreBahn communicate with you about offers from EntreBahn and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- EntreBahn may display opt-in third party advertisements targeted by key profile information, not including name or precise personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria. For example, persons in a particular geographic area.
- EntreBahn does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- EntreBahn advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- EntreBahn works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of products or services that you've requested please read our detailed reference links.
EntreBahn may set and access EntreBahn cookies on your computer.
EntreBahn lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to EntreBahn's cookies.
EntreBahn uses web beacons to access EntreBahn cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with EntreBahn services.
Editing/Terminating Your Membership Information and Preferences
You can edit your EntreBahn membership information and preferences at any time from your Profile page.
EntreBahn reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to the EntreBahn service, such as service announcements, and administrative messages, that are considered part of your EntreBahn account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
You can terminate your EntreBahn membership at any time from your Profile page.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
To learn more about security, including the security steps we have taken and security steps you can take, please read Security at EntreBahn.
EntreBahn may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your EntreBahn account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please complete a feedback form you can find here.