How to Create an Attractive Corporate Business Card
A corporate business card is the smallest and simplest piece of marketing that can be left with a potential customer or client.
There are 3 basic types of contact cards:
This How-To provides criteria that any design must have for your corporate business card to be attractive while identifying the company and providing contact information.
In terms of format, a corporate business card should:
- Work with the corporate branding effort, using the same colours, fonts, and symbols used in other company marketing material.
- Be readable and scan-able, in terms of font family, colours and size. Font sizes should be 8pts and above and have font colours that contrast sharply with the background on which the text is based. The font family should make the text readable, even in small sizes. San serif, non-condensed, non-italic fonts are better than those that use these features because the text will not "run together" and the text is more accurately scan-able. Also, no text should be underlined.
- Most cards have 2 logical blocks:
- Logo block containing the company logo. Optionally, the tag line may be included.
- Company contact information.
- The block layout is nicely balanced and aligned.
This How-To assume that a corporate business card has already been created and will be uploaded to the EntreBahn site for review and validation according to these criteria.