What is the time line for a review?
Every review has a timeline. it is made up of a number of periods. The periods are:
The length of the Invitation and Turnaround periods are determined by EntreBahn.
The client can explicitly select advisors to review their submission; or the system can choose the advisors to do the reviews. Explicitly chosen advisors are issued personalized invitations at the start of the review period. These invitations have an Invitation period. The selected advisors must accept an invitation during this period. If they do not, they are no longer eligible to do the review(s). If they do accept the invitation, they have a Turnaround period to complete their review and return it to the client.
If the client has allowed the system to select the advisors, then an invitation is issued to them and they must accept the invitation within the Invitation period, just like explicitly selected advisors.
If an explicitly selected advisor has declined the invitation to do a review, they are replaced by a system-selected advisor who is also sent an invitation. Again, they have until the end of the Invitation period to accept the invitation and start their review. Once started, they must return the completed review before the end of the Review period.
Lastly, there is a Grace period after the Review period. The length of the Grace period is the same as the Turnaround period. This allows an advisor to start a review and complete it witihin the Review period+Turnaround period.
In this simple example, the client askd for a Chosen Mentor and let the system select a Selected mentor. Both mentors accept their invitations during the Invitation Period and wrote reviews within the Turnaround Period. They then send their reviews to the client before then end of the Review Period.
Example 2The client wanted 3 Chosen mentors. If these 3 are not available, the client wanted the system to select replacement mentors. Invitation period 1 started when the client sent the submission for review.
- Chosen mentor 1 started to write review shortly after receiving an invitation during Invitation Period 1 and completed the review before the end of the Turnaround Period
- Chosen mentor 2 declined the invitation during the Invitation Period 1. Selected mentor 1 was then immediately sent an invitation to do a review. This started Invitation Period 2 during which time Selected mentor 1 accepted the invitation.
- Chosen mentor 3 ignored the invitation. Selected Mentor 2 was then sent an invitation when Invitation Period 1 ends. This starts Invitation Period 3.
- Selected mentor 1 completes the review. However, they send the review to the client after the end of the Turnaround Period. In such a case, Selected mentor 1 may be paid less than the full amount for the review.
- Selected mentor 2 accepts the invitation during Invitation Period 3 and writes a review and sends it back to the client before the end of the Turnaround Period is completed
All reviews must be completed within the Turnaround time. Also, no invitations will be issued unless enough time is left to complete a review. (The red dashed line marks the time the start of the Turnaround Period before the end of the Review Period.)